Thursday, April 2, 2015

Me + Netflix, part I

Alas it's true! I am in love with Netflix. I have been for quite some time, honestly. It wasn't until about 10 months ago that I moved up into the world and started paying for my own account rather than mooch off my sister's. I mean, I watched some pretty odd stuff, still do really. I mostly watch during the day while my husband is at work. That way, he can't make fun of me for the crazy things I choose. So what do I watch then? Well it's all across the board- from documentaries to children's shows. Today, I'll just focus on TV series'.


This week I watched Call the Midwife. My sister convinced me I would like it and well, she was right! I struggled a bit with the first episode and a couple in between, but overall the series is great! It gives a look into what midwifery was like in Europe in the 50s. It's kind of amazing to see how much as changed since then. In my mind, it wasn't all that long ago! There are 3 seasons on Netflix and it seems season 4 has just recently started. So, i'm not sure if it will be on Netflix as well. I will probably watch it online through PBS.

I recently finished The Carrie Diaries recently. It's so odd but I didn't know how to turn it off! This is probably because I have an obsession with Sex and the City and this is supposed to be the prequel. What's upsetting is the fact there are only two seasons and the show has officially been canceled. This means someone needs to buy me the Sex and the City box set stat.

Last week I spent maybe two days watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, a Netflix original series. Yet another very odd show I couldn't figure out how to turn off. I really don't know what to say about it other than it's crazy, weird, funny and...weird. Yup.


Not too long ago my husband and I decided to watch every episode of House together. I've always loved the show and now i've seen every single episode! I will say I felt emotionally drained when it was all over. It ended so well but that was the problem.....it ended. 

I watched The Tutors while my husband was in training months ago. If you can stand the sex and boobs, it really is great! So much history sewn into the entertainment of it all. Maybe i'm just little nerdy, but it made me want to learn even more about the time period. 


On the other side of the spectrum, I've also watched Inside Combat Rescue. Wow. Talk about eye-opening and emotional. If you can stand it, you should watch it. It didn't help that at the time, our neighbor was a Medevac pilot. It truly was just breath taking.


Some other TV series I recommend include:
  •  How the States Got Their Shape- it's full of awesome information you probably never would have known about the US and each individual state. 
  • Once Upon A Time- I got into this series just before the most recent season began in September 2014. I will say that watching it on Netflix then having to transition to once a week realllllly slowed the series down. I'm not currently up-to-date on it anymore. Hopefuly Netflix will pick up the new episodes!
  • Family Guy, American Dad and Futurama- only issue I've had with them is on the newest seasons of Family guy and American dad the sound will randomly go out. 
  • My husband likes Marco Polo. I tried to get into it, but it seemed to drag on just a little bit. Really not too bad though. 
  • Get old skool with Pokemon Indigo league
  • Supernatural and Arrow are great shows as well, although very popular and you probably already know about them. 
  • There are always the ever-loved Food Network and HGTV series' to keep you busy if you're bored. 
  • Sons of Anarchy- It was actually a while ago when I started that series. I'm pretty sure I have a season or two to catch up on, but both my husband and I really loved it!
  •  I like to assume everyone has watched Law & Order: SVU
  • If you like Anime of any type, Fullmetal Alchemist is great!
  • I personally love Army Wives, but it's pretty emotionally draining if you get into it, 

Eventually I might watch Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Breaking Bad......but i'm just not the kind of person that will watch something while it's wildly popular. I feel like it makes me seem as though I'm falling into the trend haha 
I believe that sometime soon my husband and I will be starting Malcolm in the Middle. Both of us watched it when we were younger so why not give it a try now! 

I refuse to put myself through One Tree Hill or Grey's Anatomy. Others will probably recommend it to you, but i'm not trying to drain your soul completely. 


Well, I will leave it at this for now. I'm sure I will remember more that I've enjoyed already as well as update on anything new i've watched.  

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Call the Midwife is on my to watch list! I seriously considering getting Netflix again just to be able to watch it!

    ReplyDelete