Wednesday, April 15, 2015

You might be nesting if.....

Yup. It's happened. I'm officially in nesting mode. Yesterday I got my Betty Crocker on by making these FABULOUS Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They aren't exactly healthy but they spoke right to my insane baked oatmeal craving I've had going on for a few weeks now.Of course my husband dug into them pretty hard last night, so I'll be making more today or tomorrow.
Today, I woke up extra early and wasn't able to get back to sleep. Since I already had plans to run to the grocery store before it got crazy (it's payday in the military world), I went ahead and left the house sometime after 7am. I did treat myself to some amazing coffee from Mugsy's Coffee Co. to put a little pep in my step.
 Apparently that "pep" not only prompted me to make sure we had plenty of food (in case baby comes before his due date), it also put me in full on nesting mode when I got home. I turned on some music and went to it! I cleaned out and organized our deep freezer, the refrigerator and the pantry.
I feel like there is surely more that can be thrown away or decluttered, but some little kitty I know is feeling pretty crazy. This means he is going psycho knocking things onto the floor and darting at my feet and doing whatever else that makes be productive a pain until he tuckers out lol 
Of course now the coffee is contributing to my neeeeeed to blog haha I'm certainly not mad about it.
To add to the nesting though, I've been sewing a lot. Over the weekend I repurchased the threads I had run out of, so I'm sure there will be even more sewing projects to come if little man indeed hangs around until his due date.
After our birthing class Monday night (which I will talk all about in my 38 week bump update), I ended up moving our hospital bag into the bassinet in our bedroom so my husband can't question which bag I'm talking about if he has to retrieve it on his own haha Knowing all I need to add to the bag is snacks and clothes for him really puts it into perspective that we are really expecting baby at any moment!
I feel like I'm cleaning and organizing so much not because I won't be able to after baby arrives, but because there are going to be people in my home. Not just any people, but people that would "joke" about the lack of tidiness and throw me into full on eff-you-dude mode. Either way, everyone tells me this is a sign the end is nigh!

9 comments:

  1. How exciting! Great idea with placing the bag in the bassinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the nesting period. I remember those days. With my last, I started having early labor at 37 weeks. She didn't show up until almost 42 weeks and she was my 4th. Enjoy these last 3-5 weeks. And from one mom to another - protect your space. It is important. If those people make mention of your untidy house. Kick them out and don't let them come back. The emotions, the drain, the exhaustion you will feel after having a baby, you do not need negativity around.

    Another suggestion...start planning your postpartum. Have easy snacks ready and in the areas where you will be feeding, snuggling baby. Do some freezer meals. And don't be afraid to turn anyone away that wants to see you immediately after birth. If you aren't feeling like having people, don't feel forced to. It'll make for a happier mama and baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it bad I've been trying to prepare anyone that I so much as think might fathom the idea of visiting us with articles and others' blog posts about what to and not to do when visiting new moms?! I felt it was honestly the nicest way to do it. If hurting feelings of in-laws wasn't such a big deal I would bluntly tell them to find a hotel and wait for me to say I'm okay with company. Being that we are having the first grandchild on BOTH sides of the family, I have major major anxiety about family members (from both sides) not respecting boundaries we set and causing me to pull out the mama bear in me and be mean to get my point across. I actually have more anxiety about that than I do the entire labor and birthing process. ugh.
      Today's shopping trip was devoting to making sure we have plenty of snacks and meals that can either be made very easily or popped in the microwave/oven! My husband's cooking skills are pretty minimal lol so I tried to prep for that the best I could!

      Delete
  3. We moved into our new place right when my nesting kicked in! It was perfect, we had everything done in half the amount of time I thought it would take! It was the first time I thoroughly enjoyed cleaning, unpacking, putting together furniture :D not long to go, good luck!

    And major laughs with the hospital bag in the bassinet - I actually had a mini-drill with my husband so that he could grab everything and head out the door as soon as we need to! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, perfect timing! haha There is no telling how my trip to the hospital will begin. There is no telling who will be the one taking me to the hospital so, I figure just about anyone can figure out "the bag in the bassinet by the bed" juuuuust in case! lol

      Delete
  4. Nesting is no joke, I remember being on my hands and knees cleaning freaking baseboards. Needless to say they haven't been cleaned since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness! The craziest i've gone is taking the stove top apart and scrubbing it clean lol

      Delete
  5. Too funny, I remember nesting mode so clearly!! It lasted months for me and to the dismay of my husband for him because I him him doing everything. Ridiculous things Lolol but it was the nesting talking not his wife I swear! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wish I could get my husband in on it more! He's the one that keep leaving messes all over the place ahh There is army equipment all over my living room and its making me a litttttle crazy.

      Delete