Saturday, March 7, 2015

DIY Burp Cloths

My mother-in-law is an avid quilter and made some burp cloths as a gift for me. This gave me the idea to make some as a gift for a very special friend of mine. Now, they are no where near perfect, but they sure are cute!
I stated out by making a pattern from a giftbag I had handy (lol) then using it to trace out and cut my fabric. For fabric I used a printed snuggle flannel and then a regular solid color flannel. 

I paired them all together and began sewing. I sewed them together wring side out and left a hole big enough to be able to turn them rightside out. 


I had a little helper keeping tabs on me.......

Then I turned them rightside out and began ladder stitching the holes that were left. 

I then ironed them and headed back to the sewing machine to add one more set of stitching!
And then, they were all finished! 

I was able to make two sets of five with the super cute package of printed flannel and two yards of the solid pink. Now they are packaged up in a pretty little box (covered in hearts) with some precious bows for a special little girl in Kansas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment