Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DIY Baby Shower: Part II


As I mentioned in my post 28-30 Weeks, we had a little baby shower here in Tennessee too. Yet again I planned the entire thing and all of my decorations were DIY masterpieces! I have to apologize again for the lack of decent pictures. You would think that for a photographer I would get better photos to share but the chaos just took over. So please bare with me!!
This shower was a laid back, co-ed cookout theme.
Again, I made the invite in Photoshop and created a Facebook event to invite guests. I tried to make it a little more "manly" rather than traditional. I was expecting more men from my husbands unit to come, but the women easily outnumbered the men, oops. Atleast there was plenty of beer to go around! haha

My biggest project with this shower were the strands of garland I made for decorations. I made two different types that tied in with the theme. One had my famous crape paper tassels, some gingham fabric scraps and hand cut and colored spatulas! You can find the printable version of my spatulas HERE. I connected with my inner child, pulled out my crayons and lightly colored my spatulas before cutting them out. This meant I could color outside the lines and no one would know! ;)


 The second set of garland was much more intricate! It included printing beer mugs, more spatulas, and some ketchup and mustard bottles as well. For all of these printables, you will need to adjust the size of the images when printing if you want them similar to the sizes you see in my photos. I honestly did some trial and error printing on draft mode to get the perfect sizes.


 A little secret about the garland- after cutting out my printable pieces, I hole punched where I wanted the yarn to thread through and added a little clear piece of tape to keep the paper cutouts from flipping around.
I reused the Who Did It game from my first shower, but I exchanged the numbered snowflakes out for numbered ketchup and mustard bottles! The other game we played was Guess the Baby Food. I also stuck with basically the same prizes, except this time I did one mini bottle of wine and one bottle of beer in the cellophane with some gingham garnish! 

As you can see, I kept the same guestbook idea from my first shower as well. I can't wait to get it put up in the nursery and share the finished product with everyone! 
I can't help but share a photo from the 'guess the baby food' game. Our friend's son decided he wanted to play too, but only if my husband would try the baby food with him. Oh my heart, it was the cutest thing! 


Sadly, I do not have any pictures of how I had the cups, plates set out and how the 'silver'ware were in clear cups wrapped with red gingham fabric pieces. 

But everyone had fun and I succeeded in throwing a simple. man-friendly, laid back, cookout shower! 
Funny story behind the happy birthday banner......One of my favorite 5yr olds made it for me for my birthday back in September and it got left up for every birthday after that! It's kind of an ongoing joke. I still hangs to this day haha

1 comment:

  1. This DIY baby shower was fabulous. At some local Chicago event space we also attended a grand DIY baby shower. My cousin hosted that bash for her own sister and I helped her with the handmade decorations and crafts. It was such a fun party.

    ReplyDelete