Monday, March 23, 2015

34 Weeks


My goodness has is been crazy these last two weeks since I did a bump update. I've been having braxton hick's contractions here and there since maybe 28 weeks, but recently they have picked up to 20+ some days! There were a few days last week that I thought little man had a plan of his own and would be coming early!
My contractions were about 20min apart and nothing was doing anything to help or slow them for hours. Labor and Delivery told me to keep staying hydrated (i'd already had about a gallon of water!), to take some Tylenol and lay on my side for an hour. Well that advice sucked because laying down like that only made them worse. The pain was starting in my back and coming around. This is what I was told real contractions felt like! But still, I was only having about 3 an hour rather than 4. I was finally able to fall asleep at lord knows that time only to wake up about 4:30am and continue to have about 3 in an hour. Again, I fell asleep but this time after I woke up they had spaced out a lot. Since then I've been trying to stay as hydrated as possible, but I've noticed my body seems much much more tired all the time. Also, little man seems to be moving even more! Maybe its because he's getting bigger so his movements are bigger and therefore it feels like he's active more often, By more often I mean, this child NEVER seems to sleep. I did go against my better instincts and walk a ColorVibe 5k Saturday. My body felt pretty good and I had some contractions after I was sitting and relaxing after the race, but not enough to make me worry. What really did me in was the newborn session I did the following day. I certainly went over my limit. I've been using a heating pad on my back and trying to stay off my feet since they hurt REALLY bad.


Also, last week I was spending some time with a fellow preggo friend and it turned out it was time for her baby to make her entrance into the world! Well okay, the doctors decided it was time. She had been experiencing some odd swelling the day before and although it had mostly gone down the nurse (finally) called her back while she was with me and was still concerned. The concern came mostly from the fact she was also having ongoing headaches. I had no idea about the headaches so when I heard her mention it over the phone even I was worried. She went straight into L&D from my house and they induced her several hours later for beginning stages of preeclampsia. Her little girl was born the very next day at a little over 37weeks, very healthy and so very perfect! So much for that La Leche League meeting we were planning to attend that night haha 

How could I forget! My robe from My Growing Belly on Etsy arrived recently and I got to play around with it. It is so comfortable and exactly what I was looking for! I will be great in the hospital and after we're home. It should be rather easy to breastfeed out of  and nice and light for the hot summer months here in the South. 


I've also spent time getting a lot of the little details done lately. The bouncer is set up in the living room, I registered it and our BabyTrend Travel System as well as figured our Greco Day2Night Sleep system (aka our pack n play with a removable bassinet). After the crazy braxton hicks scare, my hospital bag is almost 100% packed. Nothing like being prepared just in case! Now to just finish the last 2 craft projects for the nursery, make some of the famous padsickles, and get the carseat base installed in my car! I'm so ready to meet this little boy, but I need him to cook atleast 2 more weeks before he's allowed out. But of course, the longer the better, even if I am ready haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment