Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sam's Club Snacks

I've always loved both Sam's Club and Costco, but here in Clarksville we only have Sam's. In the passed, I would say, year it appears Sam's has started carrying more healthy and GMO free options. Now, I used to be pretty darn healthy and fit. That sort of ended when we moved and then of course pregnancy cravings were hardly ever healthy. Well now I would like to get back to being a bit healthier. Some things I will probably never give up, but a little at a time is better than no change at all.

So, I just wanted to share a couple of awesome GMO free snacks from our local Sam's Club.
 I have always LOVED pretty much anything from the company Food Should Taste Good. When I laid eyes on this gigantic bag of Gouda chips I just about drooled. As for the puffed corn, I passed by the bag for weeks telling myself, 'meh, it probably won't be too good.' One day I said screw it and bought the bag. Holy cow! I opened these puppies in the car and munched on them the whole way home! They are AMAZING!!!!! Together, these snacks were amazing to have in little bags next to the bed to snack on during late night nursing sessions.
I was very hesitant to buy these at first and I'll admit I thought they were a little weird when I first tried them. I'm not sure what happened but they were suddenly amazing one day lol They are a very sweet, super crunchy chip. Yes, they will give you terrible breather but its so worth it!!!
My husband picked these out. I doubt he even noticed all the GMO free/gluten free/nut free etc. labels on it. They are the exact same texture as cheese puffs but the flavor is a very light white cheddar. I would say they are just alright. Maybe they will grow on me a little more. 
There is a story behind this one. My husband felt I wasn't taking in enough protein during the day before dinner and told me to pick out a protein shake because we're buying it. Generally, I would love my Cellucor cinnamon bun protein powder but the additives are not breastfeeding friendly. Now I do realize soy isn't the best thing I could be drinking but....its coffee flavored and USDA certified organic. It honestly tastes pretty good! I reallllly wish it was made with a nut milk, but I feel its a little better option than cows milk. If i'm wrong here, please just let me be wrong lol Don't ruin it for me ;)

I look forward to seeing each new GMO free and organic snacks Sam's starts to carry. It's fun to try things that would usually cost a pretty penny for such a great price in a large quantity.



No comments:

Post a Comment