Monday, July 6, 2015

9 week update

It's been exactly a week since we saw lactation again and almost a week since our awful pediatrician visit. I checked online and it looks like we will be seen at the same clinic this week BUT we'll be seeing a different doctor YAY! Here's to hoping this one is better. Then I get to call Tricare and have his PCM changed.

As usual, there have been some good days and some bad. Last night was particularly awful. He started screaming every time he woke up *sigh* I finally have him napping now but he keeps squealing in his sleep :( I wish I could fix everything.
In true fashion for my family, it turned out that Eli is far too sensitive for the fancy new Persil detergent all of his cloth diapers were washed in. So, this week I got to rewash his entire stash a few times in Dreft to save his hiney. It appears to have made a difference! I believe I will be buying the 150oz Babies R Us brand and just wash all our clothes in it. Even my husband had a reaction to the Persil.
Crafty fail this week though- I got the little tool and some snaps to make onesie extenders! Well....I thought I had checked to see if they would fit the snaps on his onesies......nope. lol I made two (one for me, one for a friend) and the snaps are too big. FAIL. This week I should be purchasing more in varying sizes THEN I can not only use them, but share how I made them!
On July 4th not only was it Independence Day, but Eli turned exactly 2 months old. The only thing we did for the holiday was eat both breakfast and dinner together. That's honestly a pretty big deal. Usually I make dinner, my husband scarfs his down and eventually I get to eat, whenever Eli decides I can.
After lugging the infant seat around the hospital then getting pretty ticked at it on an outing, I started looking into "big boy" car seats. I found one that I want but it doesn't seem to be available more than one place. I want it mainly because the temperature regulating technology in the fabric. Eli always gets VERY hot in his car seat and the south is known for insanely hot summers, too. So- the Snugli. Its from Evenflo's Symphony line. 
oh yea- I also finally got Eli's 8 week pillow picture on the computer lol 
I've been able to space out his feedings to an hour and a half ....if I can manage to keep him occupied long enough. This is damn near more work than just letting him nurse every hour...since that's when he starts to get fussy anyway.
We do spend a lot of time talking back and fourth to each other these days. It's pretty darn cute!  


No comments:

Post a Comment