Monday, June 22, 2015

7 week update!

Look who's starting to smile more!!! 
I'm also happy to report that i'm feeling more connected to him now than ever. 
We've almost made it to two months. Some things have gotten better, some things haven't changed. Eli still nurses about every hour during the day but in the last week there were a couple of nights he slept for 4 hours straight!!! He's also spent a few days napping very well. 

We're still battling his super sensitive skin, but we'll get everything figured out. 
We haven't quite hit the social smiles milestone yet, but we are getting oh so close! Eli loves "talking" to me and his toys. It so cute and amazing to see all the new sounds he's learning to make. He is also preferring to sit up in my lap and look around at everything. Dare I say he even discovered the TV?! 
We survived Fathers day weekend. Of course, we had company. Go figure, right? I spent Saturday listening to the saaaaame comments over and over. Lots of pointing out the obvious and trying to tell me asinine things. Of course Eli napped quite a bit and hardly slept all night. So actual Father's day was exhausting. We were up at 5, dad got up at 6 and made us coffee. I made some biscuits (hub's favorite) after the coffee kicked in enough for me to function some lol The day was spent calming a fussy baby, doing laundry, dishes, a quick run to the story (while baby stayed with dad, WOAH), premaking food for Trav to take to work and trying to spend a little time as a couple. No gifts were exchanged. Mainly because Trav bought his own gift (a boat from a family member),but partly because there was no time/opportunity for me and Eli to make something during the week. 
Eli has his 2 month appointment July 8th and while we're there i'm hoping to get an ENT referral. I'm about 90% positive he has a lip tie. Upon further investigation, I found Travis has one. I already knew Trav's sister had one but it wasn't tight enough to effect her nursing, just caused a large tooth gap.  I realllllllly hope that we can have his clipped and go on to nurse without a shield! This should also decrease the amount of air he takes in while nursing and help combat the gas/gas pain it causes.  
Also this week was my 6 week pp appointment. Bleh. It was alright. Nothing like a pap smear to really make the day fun. I also wasn't a fan of the pressure the midwife was putting on me about my choice in birth control. I selected the mini pill and am choosing to use a back up birth control whenever we decide to um 'get back in the bedroom.' My midwife was hardcore trying to push me into an IUD or the arm implant. No thanks. I would love to not have to take anything but we don't want another child yet. 
I should note that during my appointment I left Eli with Travis for the first time that was longer than 15min. I was gone an hour and a half I believe. I pumped 1.5oz right before I walked out the door and told him how to pace feed (which of course he still didn't do) and about when he'd probably be hungry. When I got back home Eli was in the swing crying and Travis was sitting in the floor trying to get the paci in his mouth lol They both lived, so that's a start!
If anyone has any tips to make car rides less full of screams, please share! He has a mirror to look at and hanging toys too but it never fails that a few minutes in- all screams. 

Hopefully this week atleast some, if not all, of our cloth comes in!!!! In the meantime DIY onesie extenders might be a project to tackle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment