Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Muffins


If you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE muffins. I love them a lot haha Recently I've been having a muffin with breakfast every morning so I've been trying all kinds of recipes out. My latest creation were cranberry oatmeal white chocolate muffins.
I began with a recipe found HERE and adapted it for my ingredients. Since I followed a different pattern than the linked recipe, I'll go over all the steps here!

1 cup oats (old fashioned or quick)
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup chopped craisins
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon 

Preheat oven to 350
In a medium sized bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside. In a large bowl mix brown sugar, egg, oil, vanilla and buttermilk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Once mixed, fold in craisins and white chocolate chips. Bake for about 15-18 minutes.
I believe this made like 15 muffins. 

**I noticed with this recipe, the muffins aren't very sweet but they are still really good. Personally, I would probably try 3/4 c brown sugar next time to see if that helps any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment