Monday, May 25, 2015

3 Weeks Old

It's amazing how long a week can feel. Time passed so quickly during my pregnancy and now a week feels more like a month. Nothing about newborn life is easy.
We've had two amazing nights where I slept 6 to 7 hours total and he only woke to eat and was right back out. Cluster feeding is the devil. Gas is also the devil. I feel like I have one of the angrier babies in the world. I've tried gas drops, belly massages, inclines, bouncing, swaddling (which he hates), and so much more. It just seems like from 6am to about 1pm he basically hates me. Even at night he will sometimes only sleep on my chest. I would just love to know at what point my child can manage to be awake and happy at the same time for more than 2 minutes. Looks like we might just make a trip back to the doctor to make sure reflux isn't the issue, just to be safe.
Breastfeeding isn't even the really hard part. Granted we are still using a shield because it's the only way he'll eat, but he's been acting a little crazy the last three days. He apparently thinks its cool to chomp down on the shield and rip it off. Ouch. Small child has no patience lol I guess he just expects milk to immediately come out. Also had to break the gloves back out since he's scratching the crap out of my throat, chest and boobs.
I LOVE my child and am immensely grateful for him but there is nothing glamorous about newborn mommy life. Nothing. And right as I typed that I got vomited alllllll over. awesome.
I'm seriously just waiting for that overwhelmingly happy feeling that i'm told being a mom gives you. I'm not upset or depressed just kid of....idk disappointed. I also pretty much "hate" everyone with an easy baby. All I want is for my little monster to just be happy. I really thought breastfeeding would be the hardest part. Granted, it is insanely frustrating when he wants to eat literally every 15-30min but that isn't all day. Plus I sleep more now than I did the first week and a half.
But it will all be worth it. That's what I just have to keep reminding myself.
This just isn't how I expected to feel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment